When disaster strikes, you need to sort it out as smoothly and efficiently as possible. At Ambiton we realise how traumatic such an experience can be and we would like to assure you that we will provide you with caring, fast, and highly professional claims service in your time of need.
We pledge at all times to:
- Be courteous and professional and to treat people with respect
- Keep our Clients informed
- Respond to enquiries in good time
- Exceed the expectations of our Clients
Claims Process & Procedures
- Call 086 146 5929 - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Please have either the linked Santam or Mutual & Federal short-term insurance policy number, or the policy holder's ID number available when calling.
- This product is sold as a value-added benefit separately to your short-term insurance policy, so please ensure that you have opted for this product in your portfolio.
- For more information on Personal Ambiton Assist click here.
- For more information on Commercial Ambiton Assist click here.
- Send an email to NewClaims@ambiton.co.za
or fax to 086 6139 343. We will advise you on which documentation you need to complete depending on your claim.
- Alternatively call the office on 041 581 7170 and one of our professional claims executives will guide you through the claims process.
- For added convenience we also have an After-hours Emergency Claim Number 078 451 4284.
Other Claims Departments
Lodge your claim by emailing the details of the claim to us or by calling the office on 041 581 7170.
One of our professional claims executives will guide you through the claims process.
Helpful Guidelines for Short-Term Claims
We have compiled a list of useful tips to help you handle incidents of loss, damage or a motor accident. These procedures will also ensure that your claim is settled speedily and efficiently.
- At the accident scene, try to obtain the following details: date, time and place of accident- name, address, telephone number and ID number of third party- a description of their vehicle (make, model, registration number) and the extent of the damage- try to take a photo of the third parties’ license disk on their windscreens – (that contains all the important vehicle information)
- Do not admit liability or blame for the accident to anyone.
- Where possible, obtain details of independent witnesses to the accident. Please keep in mind that the law does not recognise passengers in your vehicle as independent witnesses.
- Report the accident to the Police within 24 hours and obtain a case reference number from SAPS. This is a requirement by law and not only for insurance purposes.
- Complete the Motor Accident Claim form and fax or e-mail it back to AMBITON, together with a legible photocopy of your driver’s license/ID.
- Ambiton will liaise with your Insurer on the best method of assessment, and we will guide you to the most suitable repairer to perform the assessment.
- The Insurer will then proceed based on the assessment report.
- If the vehicle is not drivable, advise Ambiton immediately and we will arrange for it to be towed to the correct location as quickly as possible.
- In the event that you have had your vehicle towed to any location other than the directed assessment centre, please advise Ambiton immediately so that we can manage the process in conjunction with your Insurer to prevent unnecessary storage and transport costs.
- Your excess portion is payable directly to the repairer on collecting the vehicle. Insurers will pursue recovery of your excess where it is both possible and financially viable to do so. The use of photographs and un-related witnesses statements from the accident scene are crucial to the success of this process.
- Report the theft to SAPS immediately & obtain a case reference number.
- Complete the Motor Theft claim form in full sign and fax or e-mail to us.
- Locate keys, remotes & spare keys.
- Locate the Certificate of Registration (it should never be kept in the car). Fax a copy to us.
- Obtain, in writing, the settlement amount from your finance company.
- If the vehicle is damaged following an attempted theft, complete this claim form.
- Attach a copy of the last service invoice if possible.
- Attach any documentation to support non-factory fitted extras.
- Please contact our office for assistance on 041-5817170.
Property Loss or Damage
- Complete the claim form in full and fax or e-mail it to us.
- Obtain quotes for replacement. Attach copies of invoices or instruction manuals of the items as proof of ownership.
- Cell phone claims, whether lost or stolen, must be reported to SAPS. The phone must be blacklisted with the service provider. Fax the blacklisting confirmation to us.
- All crime-related losses must be reported to SAPS. This is a requirement by law not just for insurance purposes.
Should you require further assistance, please do contact us and we will guide you through the requirements and procedures.